What’s involved in being a Rep?
The core responsibilities of a Rep are...
- Creating awareness of Jewish genetic disorders, carrier screening and GENEius on campus, using a variety of means; social media, face to face (only in accordance with COVID government guidelines), WhatsApp, or other creative methods
- Advertising GENEius University Screening Week through social media, word of mouth or other means
- Recruiting people to sign up to get screened during GENEius university screening week in November 2020
What are we looking for in a Rep?
A Rep should be someone who...
- Is outgoing and well connected
- Is proactive and knows how to take initiative
- Has strong communication skills - both written and oral
- Is confident on social media
- Has an interest in marketing, social media, science, medicine or charity work
- Understands (or wants to learn to understand) the importance of carrier screening for Jewish genetic disorders
What are the benefits of being a Rep?
- Chance to play central role in meaningful cause, prevent severe Jewish genetic disorders and save lives!!
- Reward scheme for recruiting event participants
- Amazing experience for your CV – opportunity to develop and demonstrate transferable skills such as teamwork, communication, social media, initiative, project management
How to apply?
- To apply just email a paragraph explaining your background, current degree course/university and why you want to become a rep to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: Monday 4th October.
- Role start date: Immediate
Jnetics is looking for university students who want to become GENEius Campus Reps.
This is a 2 month role devoted to promotion of GENEius University Screening Week, November 22nd-28th 2021.
Reps are needed in the following locations: